Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rave: 'The Italian Place'

It's always a good idea to have a cafe or food place where you are known and looked after; in my old city that was Scott's. Here it is 'The Italian Place', which is really called SupaBar, but serves Italian food and is run by Italians. The food is excellent, and they have tailored their awesome chilli hot chocolate to the taste of my co-workers and I. When we don't go in for a while, they notice we are not there, when we are there, our food is discounted. And it isn't just us, they look after all their regulars without making the place unwelcoming to newcomers. In summer they give us icy drinks, and in the winter we get double serves of hot chocolate.

This week, they had a little birthday party, and we went along to show our support by buying a drink from them. They filled our glasses to the brim and would not let us pay for them, after earlier in the week not allowing us to pay properly for our meals because my wonderful soup was 'experimental'. I dunno how they are making any money, but I hope they are because it is a novelty to have any good food on campus, much less food this good.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Boycott Supabar - The way we were treated was absolutely poor, I as a customer was told to get f@#%! because we asked for a credit refund. We had made a booking and paid in advance, however they delivered only half of what we ordered, in which I asked for a refund and then told to get f#$*!
BOYCOTT SUPABAR HAWTHORN